Complaint Review: Car Stereo City

• Submitted: Mon, November 27, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, November 27, 2006

• Reported By:Beaverton Oregon
Car Stereo City
17825 SW Tualatin Valley Hwy Beaverton, Oregon U.S.A.

Car Stereo City installs equipment of lesser value than customers pay for Beaverton Oregon

I recently purchased some stereo equipment, alarm and back up camera for my truck. I purchased a Hornet 564T alarm the installer installed an alarm that has less features and is less than what I paid for the 564T.

When I brought the truck in to the shop to have them program the alarm for me they told me that I don't have a 564T and they gave me the wrong box for the alarm I bought. After I showed them the receipt stating I purchased the 564T they offered to put the correct alarm in my truck for a fee of $100.

I also purchased a brand new Pioneer Z1 head unit and a back up camera to replace my old camera that somebody cut the wiring on. Instead of replacing the old camera with the new one I purchased, they rewired my old one which fried my head unit. They did replace the head unit for free BUT still installed the old camera instead of the one I bought.

I have had my truck in the shop 3 times with the promise that they will have my equipment installed the way I requested and it's still not done right. My stereo has Voice Command and they did not hook up the microphone. I have yet to walk out of this shop with everything I requested done. Even worse than that everytime I leave the shop SOMETHING else is wrong.

I have attempted to resolve this directly with Matt, the Regional Manager at Car Stereo City and each time he tells me I need to pay for his guys to fix their mistakes. I will be filing a complaint with the Attorney General at Consumer Affairs and I am half tempted to stand outside their shop with a sign that tells everybody how they run their business.

Beaverton, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2006 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Stereo-City/Beaverton-Oregon-97006/Car-Stereo-City-installs-equipment-of-lesser-value-than-customers-pay-for-Beaverton-Oregon-222471. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Stereo City