Complaint Review: Car Toys (Cliff Kirkley, mgr.)

• Submitted: Wed, March 01, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, March 01, 2000

• Reported By:Denver CO
Car Toys (Cliff Kirkley, mgr.)
13720 E. Mississippi Ave. Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Car Toys, A better way to get ripped off !

Purchased an automobile radio on 1/14/00 from Car Toys at their 13720 East Mississippi store. I picked the radio with installation. I paid for it and was told it would be finished in an hour or less. My daughter and myself decided to go for a walk instead of sitting around waiting and told them we would be back in an hour. They had my cell phone (portable) with instructions to call with any problems. We returned an hour later and they informed us that they could not finish the installation. I was told they had to rewire the front speakers and there would be an additional charge. Didn't like that but agreed and they said it would be finished in 20 minutes. Iasked why they did not call and the manager said his salesman did call two times. I said here is my cell phone whereby I checked it in front of him including caller ID, voice mail and alas no call, he insisted. We waited another hour and a half and they finally said it was complete. We got our keys and proceeded to our car to leave this very fustrating experience. I was in for more suprises, the radio did not work and now the power door locks did not work either. Back again for another hour. I talked to the salesman and asked if he called in front of the manager and he said no. I went back to the manager and told him this and asked why he lied to me. He told me to leave the store now and offered no explanation or appology. We returned to the car only to find the radio still did not work and a feeling of helplessness, they had our money and we had been ripped off. I sent this story and complaint to their corporate office the next day via the net. I never recieved a response nor a refund, that was six weeks ago. The moral of this story is not "Car Toys, a better place to go" but "Car Toys, a better place to get ripped off".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Toys-Cliff-Kirkley-mgr/Aurora-Colorado-80012/Car-Toys-A-better-way-to-get-ripped-off--1440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Toys (Cliff Kirkley, mgr.)