• Report: #31942

• Submitted: Mon, October 07, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, October 07, 2002

• Reported By:Denver CO
Car Toys
13720 E. Mississippi Ave. Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Car Toys ripoff the business that doesn't give a dam Aurora Colorado

I had my alarm system and radio installed by Car Toys. I was having problems with my battery draining, up to the point where I had to jumpstart it every morning. So I took it to a mechanic to get it checked out. After leaving my car a whole day they told me it was the alarm system or radio circuits draining the battery.

I took it back to Car Toys. From the very beginning, even before they looked at the car they were denying that it was their fault. Saying they would get alot of these types things coming in and that it was the mechanics fault.
They could not look at it right away so I left it there overnight. First of all they didn't even call me that day to tell me they would need it overnight. And the next day they never called me to tell me it was ready. We had to call them and ask if it was ready and when we called they said it was ready to be picked up.

Then when we got there they told us that they checked the wires and it was not the alarm system or radio. They would say things like "well the mechanics don't speacialize in alarm systems so they wouldn't know..." the sales guy even came out to the car with me and said "he would take a look at it" he opened the hood and looked at my car and said "well nothing seems to be out of the ordinary"
First of all we are talking about an electrical draw that's draining my battery. How can you look under my hood and know anything about that?
So i told the salesman well why don't you call the mechanic and have him explain to you guys what the problem is. He says okay he'll talk to his manager. So he goes back to the store and talks to someone. He comes out tells me that they've checked it found nothing wrong so they can't do anything about it, and basically tell us to leave.
I was furious!!

Bottom line is I found out that Car Toys does not care about their customers what so ever. Once they get your business they don't care. I believe that most of the installers they hire don't even know what they're doing. And if you happen to get stuck with one of those installers installing your system BEWARE!! You are screwed!
My advice go elsewhere for your car or mobile needs.

Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2002 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Toys/Aurora-Colorado-80012/Car-Toys-ripoff-the-business-that-doesnt-give-a-dam-Aurora-Colorado-31942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Toys