• Report: #197260

• Submitted: Tue, June 20, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 20, 2006

• Reported By:Blanca Colorado
Car Toys
1420 Harrison Street Colorado Springs, Colorado U.S.A.

Car Toys Damaged new 2006 Chev. truck during satellite radio installation ripoff Colorado Springs Colorado

*Author of original report: Still no response from management

On June 15, 2006 while installing a satellite radio in my new 2006 Chev. truck, the installer damaged the roof of my new truck. It appears as though he pried up a rubber gasket which dented and raised a small piece of the metal. Since I line 175 miles from this store, I first called the store and got a rude assistant manager who caould care less about my complaint.

I then called their home office in Seattle who referred me to a regional office in the Denver area. I might add these were all long distances charges. They will not give you a toll free number to call. I then e-mailed the home office. No response. I then sent two faxes to the home office. No response.

Then I sent e-mails to the president and several other directors of the company. No response. I e-mailed the regional office. No response.

I filed a complaint to the BBB just so it's on the record because it seems I'm going to have to file a claim with my insurance company.

Robert
Blanca, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2006 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Toys/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80906/Car-Toys-Damaged-new-2006-Chev-truck-during-satellite-radio-installation-ripoff-Colorado-197260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Toys

Still no response from management

AUTHOR: Diana - (U.S.A.)

After sending e-mails to upper management, I'm still waiting for a response. I did hear from the local store manager who says he will look at the damage when I drive the 175 miles back to the store on Friday. The manager said he would inspect the damage and determine if his installer was responsible. Since this is a new truck and the damage is less than half an inch from where the installer put the antenna, it doesn't take a genius to figure out they did in fact cause the damage. As I also e-mailed the president of the company, you would think he would have someone on his office staff contact me and say they are going to handle the problem. With the manager simply saying he will look at the damage and determine if they caused it is not the way to conduct business.