Complaint Review: Car Vin History

• Updated: Fri, August 24, 2012

• Reported By: cvinscamed — Denver Colorado United States of America
Car Vin History
Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Car Vin History Charged $29.95 for a Vin jistory that I did not order and would not refund the amount Salt Lake City, Utah

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Car Vin Historys is no longer in business.

*Consumer Comment: Which one?

Charged $ 29.95 on credit card for a vin report that I did not order and would not refund the charges ort tell me how the order was placed or by whom it was placed.  THEY DID HAVE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GOT THE NUMBER!

Interestingly, the date was about the same time that I registered a new title for a used car, about a month after I had bought the car.

They would provide no informatiion on how the order was placed but would not reverse the charge to my credit card.

There are multiple reports of scams by this company on the internet and they are similar to my experience.

I have made a BBB report and will report this to my credit card fraud department as soon as they are open tomorrow.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Vin-History/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-/Car-Vin-History-Charged-2995-for-a-Vin-jistory-that-I-did-not-order-and-would-not-refun-849217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Vin History

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Car Vin Historys is no longer in business.

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Hello,

I am customer service manager at vehiclehistory.com and am trying to repair the reputation of our business. I have noticed you have complaints about carvinchecks.com. This company was shut down and is no longer in business. To ensure this complaint is resolved I am willing to provide a full refund to protect our reputation. Please email me at josh@vehiclehistory.com. Again, I have no association with car vin checks.

Respectfully,
Josh

Which one?

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

Please tell us what "company" you are talking about?