Complaint Review: Car Vin History

• Submitted: Wed, June 13, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, June 15, 2012

• Reported By: Silvia — Bonita Springs Florida U.S.A.
Car Vin History
2150 S 1300 E Suite 500 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Car Vin History Although I obnly wanted a trial period and cancelled after I had one car fax report I was set up automatically for an account and they took $ 40.28 out of my account every month. Salt Lake City, Utah

*Consumer Suggestion: Threaten calling Dateline NBC, the AG and the local Utah police...

When you go for the trial it automatically creates an account and you get billed every month! No way of cancelling unless you get the bank statement with the correct phone number - the number for cancellation listed on the web-site does not answer so you cannot cancel once you have set up an account. This is obviously a SCAM since who would want an account with a monthy fee of over $ 40 monthly for receiving info on Car VIN numbers? Certainly not anyone who is not a car dealer etc. but the site does target the general public. THIS IS FRAUD!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2012 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Vin-History/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84106/Car-Vin-History-Although-I-obnly-wanted-a-trial-period-and-cancelled-after-I-had-one-car-896839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Vin History

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Threaten calling Dateline NBC, the AG and the local Utah police...

AUTHOR: Cindy - (United States of America)

This happened to me, too a few months ago. They took 4 months worth ($120+). I called on a Sunday and was getting no where until I asked them for their physical address, so that I could send a sheriff with a small claims subpeona. They gave me a fake address and I called them out on it because I googled the address they gave me right with them on the phone and it wasn't theirs'.

He knew he had been caught, so he hung up on me. I called back and said, "This is so and so and you've got until the end of today to put that money back in my account or I'm calling Dateline NBC, Shame on You, the Utah Attorney General and the local police", and then I hung up on him. I then found an email online (I don't remember where) and sent them an email saying exactly what I said on the phone.

Three hours later, they emailed me back and told me they were refunding every cent... AND THEY DID! I think threatening to call the news might have been what pushed them to refund me. Crooks don't like the spotlight. It took me a while, but I did locate a phone number, email and physical address (they're in Utah), which I  (unfortunately) no longer have.