• Report: #820503

• Submitted: Tue, January 10, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 10, 2012

• Reported By: Andy — st charles Missouri United States of America
Car Vin History

Car Vin History Bait and Switch , promise of a service which doesn't exist, unwanted monthly charge, Internet

I first came across  Car vin history on google search when looking for a cheap way to check a VIN number. Saw that it was only 2 dollars and some change to view a car's VIN history. I noticed that in the small print it was a 3 day trial fee and that if you didn't cancel with in the three days they charge you 30 bucks for a monthly member ship fee. I figured that I would be able to check the VIN number and then cancel avoiding the membership fee. Later that night I discovered reviews reporting this service was a scam and that people are unable to contact the company with in 3 days avoiding the 30 dollar fee.

This morning I tried calling the only number they have listed to contact them. Every time I call it there is nothing but silence even though it says I'm 10 seconds into the call. No ring tone, no nothing. I've read that other people have had similar experiences and ones where the customer service rep says they are having computer or phone problems and there is no way to cancel their trial. I never received my VIN history report  and so far I have been unsuccessfull in contacting someone to cancel my trial. I  already canceled my card I used for the 2 dollar fee. Do not use this site at all!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Car-Vin-History/internet/Car-Vin-History-Bait-and-Switch-promise-of-a-service-which-doesnt-exist-unwanted-mont-820503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Car Vin History