Complaint Review: CarChex

• Updated: Mon, April 09, 2012

• Reported By: Director — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
CarChex

CarChex Don't believe a thing they say... except "we won't pay"!! Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Please contact me if you want a resolution

Had an emergency and car in danger of starting a fire due to oil leak. Had it fixed at great repair shop who saved all parts and documented the problem. CarChex inspector came over to see it. Inspector acknowledged the need for repair and the quality of the work and recommended the warrantee claim. CarChex said they would not pay since I had not gotten prior-approval. Fact is I had an emergency... fact is CarChex is only good for taking your money... NOT paying for any covered repairs. They are best at hiding behind impossible to meet requirements in their small-print contracts. There are lots of warranty companies out there... pick another one. CarChex is a rip-off!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarChex/internet/CarChex-Dont-believe-a-thing-they-say-except-we-wont-pay-Internet-865057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarChex

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Please contact me if you want a resolution

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

My name is Jason Goldsmith and I am the CEO of CARCHEX. I'm not sure why you haven't reached out to me directly already since my contact information is on almost every piece of communication you received from CARCHEX but I am certainly still happy to help you now. Obviously you are upset your claim was denied by the Vehicle Service Contract administrator because you/your repair facility didn't request an approval from the contract administrator for the claim prior to having the repair completed. This is the most standard of all terms in all Vehicle Service Contracts regardless of who may have sold you the contract. It doesn't sound like you actually spoke to anyone from CARCHEX but rather only the administrator of the policy because we would have been able to help you get this resolved and fortunately we still can. Please contact me directly at 1-877-227-2439 ext. 1449 so I can help you get this resolved. I look forward to speaking with you.