• Report: #842080

• Submitted: Mon, February 20, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 20, 2012

• Reported By: Will — East Lansing Michigan United States of America
CarChex
10950 Gilroy Road, Suite D, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031 Internet United States of America

CarChex High Pressure, Dragging Feet on Refund Internet

*Author of original report: ISSUE SOLVED

In January, I began shopping around for an extended warranty for my 2009 Nissan Xterra that I had literally just purchased. The dealer tried to talk me into a Fidelity warranty but read horrible reviews online. I researched for weeks and came across CarChex. The site looked great and easy to use. I filed for a quote and within 5 minutes, someone called me to give me some pricing. I told him to call me back in a few days (Friday, specifically) after I had time to research the various plans. This was on Monday.

By Wednesday, I was receiving 4-5 calls A DAY from CarChex about my quote. For a "pressure free" buying experience, this was the exact opposite. I ignored the calls until Thursday and decided to purchase a plan. I put down a down payment and chose to break the rest into payments. I was told that it was completely refundable if I didn't want the coverage.

While in my 30 day waiting period, I decided that I didn't want the coverage and canceled on day 22. I faxed over the paperwork to cancel and was told that although I was in the "Hassle Free 30 Day Refund" window, it would take SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS to get my refund. How is that even acceptable? I didn't even use my policy nor could I because I was still in my waiting period. I called several times and I was told that it was because they had to cancel the financing and that takes time. I looked myself and my financing account was closed the same day I canceled my policy through CarChex. Now, I can't even get through to their "Cancellation Department". I filed a complaint with the BBB this morning because now I have no idea when I'll see my refund.

Very disappointing because I actually wanted to get back into a policy in the future. I'd be happy to sing CarChex's praises if they made things as easy as they made them seem in the first place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2012 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarChex/internet/CarChex-High-Pressure-Dragging-Feet-on-Refund-Internet-842080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarChex

ISSUE SOLVED

AUTHOR: wpetraska - (United States of America)

I was contacted by Josh at CarChex this afternoon and the issue has been solved. My card has been refunded the complete amount owed. The CEO of CarChex, Jason Goldsmith, also called to make sure the issue had been resolved. Kudos the CarChex for immediately jumping on the issue.