Complaint Review: CarID

• Submitted: Tue, November 15, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, November 15, 2011

• Reported By: Randy — Calgary Alberta Canada
CarID

CarID Did not honor original agreement in regards to false pricing on the Internet, Internet

*General Comment: You're right, ridiculous indeed

*Consumer Comment: A mistake?

I purchased a Bull Bar online for my Toyota FJ, pay for it and then I am advised there was a mistake on the website with pricing not the part number just pricing. The Rep admits the fault sends my an email confirming their mistake and honoring the purchase. Next thing I know I get a bunch of emails saying they are retracting their offer?????? Poorest customer service ever. Spend a little more and deal with a company that backs their business practises these guys really do not care about doing the right thing. My next step is BBB and a few other Goverment Agencies, people need to know aboiut these guys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2011 06:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarID/internet/CarID-Did-not-honor-original-agreement-in-regards-to-false-pricing-on-the-Internet-Inter-798136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarID

#1 General Comment

You're right, ridiculous indeed

AUTHOR: accordriver - ()

You're statement that is...

A company should honor its mislead price. Most retail stores will. Personally, I've gotten $130 Zagg Backlit keyboard for $20 and a $150 humidifier for $90 this way. It happens, and if they said they should honor it they should. They're a large enough company to not embarass themselves like this and repeal an offer. They need to give themselves a facepalm, take the hit as a team and move on.

Personally, I had a very large order. Each item had a different shipping delay, and my license plate cover and caliper covers took over a month and a half after all said and done. After spending 2 grand, and having issues. I receive a $10 giftcard. To go back to retail stores as examples. Bestbuy gives $10/20 off for approved/denied bestbuy credit cards, in which they make a ton of money off of anyway. A $10 store coupon, that's it? I honestly didn't care, that was enough for me. It was until I went to install both lights when I got upset. One smoked up, the other didn't even work (keep in mind I'm very experienced with wiring). I ordered 2 more from carid. They came 3 days apart, both shattered from poor shipping. Though I think this comes straight from plasmaglow. The ones from plasmaglows website are $25 more than carid, so I ordered one from each, and emaled plasmaglow and they refunded me. Carid still hasn't responded. Overall I don't care too much. Betwen tax and shipping each time, the time I spent emailing, ordering and installing, buying a toggle switch, dremelling a hole for the switch we come down to about $190 with 4 hours of labor. For some darn lights.

I love their site, the company excites me because I love cars. I've spent just as much in car care and cleaning equipment as I have upgrades and mods. Although many... and I mean many transactions are disappointing and it's just not acceptable. It's "ridiculous"

A mistake?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

From your description it appears someone made a mistake and entered a price wrong.  They admitted it and now you can either pay the additional or cancel your order.  This is not a ripoff. Now you're going to report them to the world?

Ridiculous.