Complaint Review: CarInfo2

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, February 26, 2016

• Reported By: Amanda — Lakeville Massachusetts United States of America
CarInfo2

CarInfo2  SCAM!!! Said I was only going to be paying $1 for a Vehicle History Report, but charged me $19.95 and ultimately wants to charge me $120 for the year Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: For Full Refund or Report Contact Our CSM.

I wanted to check the warranty information for my car and someone told me I could find that on the vehicle history report.  I Googled it and CarInfo2.com came up saying it was going to cost $1.

I enter my VIN, credit card number etc. and then it asks me to create a login.  I did so and got the report that took forever to process.

I looked at my bank account and it has a charge pending for $19.95.  I looked into CarInfo2's terms of use and it states that I have agreed to pay 6 payments of $19.95 for the year.  I did not see this anywhere on the main page as I would not have gone through with it.

The Terms and Conditions page states "This payment plan can only be cancelled and your last month's charge refunded if you complete less than five searches that month."  Each time I went to click on the customer service page, it re-ran my search, so I am now up to 3 in the month.  I immediately logged out of my account, so that I would not have anymore searches.

Do not use this website!  It is a complete SCAM!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 04:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarInfo2/internet/CarInfo2nbsp-SCAM-Said-I-was-only-going-to-be-paying-1-for-a-Vehicle-History-Report-913695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarInfo2

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

For Full Refund or Report Contact Our CSM.

AUTHOR: JoshCustomerService - (USA)

Hello Amanda,

If you require any customer service, refunds, or general assistance please email our customer service manager at josh@vehiclehistorylookup.com. He will immediately resolve this issue and ensure your satisfaction.

Again, for a full refund or any inquires you may have please contact josh@vehiclehistorylookup.com

Respectfully,