Complaint Review: CarMax

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: Bree — Douglasville Georgia
CarMax
1977 Thornton Rd Lithia Springs, Georgia United States of America

CarMax The screws came out of the left and right hand side that the engine sits on (Chaise). Lost control of car Lithia Springs, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: carmax

I started having trouble with the car that I purchased from CarMax within 2 months.  The first problem was the window would not go up.  The second problem was it started leaking in the car when it rained.  I purchased a warranty so the window was covered but they would not take care of the leak in the car because they said the warranty did not cover cosmetic.  I later found out that there was a cover missing under the hood that caused the car to leak when it rained.  There were several other issues within a year that was covered by the extended warranty except a part that needed replacing but they would not replace because it was going bad.  The part was not completely out so they would not replace it.  Last, was a few weeks ago when I was driving, and all of a sudden I lost control of the steering wheel.  Come to find out the part that holds the steering wheel and engine fell down.  I had several mechanics ask me if I had major work done on the car, and I stated no, and I was told by CarMax before purchasing the car that there had been no major work done on the vehicle.  The mechanics stated that there WAS major work done on the car and whoever done the work, did not put the vehicle back correctly.  They had never seen all the bolts come loose (left and right) like they were seeing on my car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarMax/-Lithia-Springs-Georgia-30122/CarMax-The-screws-came-out-of-the-left-and-right-hand-side-that-the-engine-sits-on-Chais-1039682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarMax

carmax

AUTHOR: mysty - ()

First of all I am sorry to hear of your problem. Did you contact the warrenty company? I was told by a sales rep at Carmax that all repairs have to be done at their facility. Thats simply not true, you can take your vehicle to any dealer that accepts the warrenty. I would take the car else where, the thing is you shouldn't have to make any repairs and your car was not roadworthy and shouldn't have been sold!

Carmax billed $400.00 to my warrenty for repairs to my rear taillights that were on an open recall!

I reported this to Maxcare....