Complaint Review: CarMax

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: juan — vista California United States of America
CarMax
830 dan way Escondido, California United States of America

CarMax sold me an unsafe car and refused to fix it within their 30 Day warranty. service teams are a bunch of liars Escondido, California

Within the 30 day warranty I noticed a loud noise coming from the front end. I took the car back to CarMax to have their service team take a look at it. After about 2 days they call me back and tell me that they can't find a problem. So on New Year's Day I go on a road test with the mechanic to show him what noise I'm talking about. So after hearing the noise for himself he confirms that yeah there is a problem.

CarMax then holds my car for 2 more days and calls me back to tell me that there is nothing wrong with it. So what the mechanic and heard is normal. They told me that small cars make noises like that. So they send me on my way with an unsafe car and a costly repair that is mine. So i took my car to a dealership. The next day they call me back and say it has a broken rack and pinoin. It cost me 350 for the part and 500 in labor. I told Robert the service manager and he said he can't do anything. I called carmax hq.and they did nothing. They said they were sorry.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarMax/Escondido-California-92025/CarMax-sold-me-an-unsafe-car-and-refused-to-fix-it-within-their-30-Day-warranty-service-t-1007828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarMax