Complaint Review: CarMax

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, July 25, 2008

• Reported By:plano Texas
CarMax
4448 W. Plano Parkway Plano, Texas U.S.A.

CarMax Corrupt Hiring practices at Carmax ripoff & corruption Plano Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Good Ole Boy Network alive and well at CarMax

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This region is absolutely corrupt and run by good-ol-boys that do very little to provide any value to their organization

*Consumer Suggestion: She wanted a bribe?

I tried getting a job at Carmax Plano. Well let me tell ya. You wont believe it but the human resource lady whose name is Laurissa seemed real nice at first. When I was about to do my first computer test, she comes up and tells me that she would help me but it would cost me 100 dollars. I was like excuse me? Then she goes, that the only people who pass the tests are the ones that have her blessing. I was like you gotta be kidding. Then she goes well why dont you go ahead and try then and walked outta the room.

The test had about a 100 questions that I answered. When I got done and waited. She came up to me and tells me that someone would be getting in touch with me.. and she left with a smile on her face. Noone ever called me and I swear the test was simple stuff that i should have breezed through. This is insane and unfair and how can someone in todays world get away with someone like that. I really needed a job and all i faced was nothing but corruption at Carmax Plano.

please help me. this is unfair. I dont want to mention my name as they have all my information and I dont want attention directed towards me as I do not my family to know I am looking for a second job (long story)

S
plano, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2003 12:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarMax/Plano-Texas-75093/CarMax-Corrupt-Hiring-practices-at-Carmax-ripoff-corruption-Plano-Texas-61750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarMax

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Good Ole Boy Network alive and well at CarMax

AUTHOR: Anonymous Observer - (U.S.A.)

I worked for CarMax in Orlando. What I experienced there was the Good Ole Boy system to the maximum!

A perfect example of this was promotions. Say you wanted to be a Sales Manager. You would think they'd want an outstanding car salesman with tons of knowledge about automobiles. NOPE!

All that's required is you ingratiate yourself (kiss butt) to the other managers, talk a good game of football, and buy the managers beer and cigarettes.

I saw the lowliest SCUMBAGS with NO MANAGEMENT SKILLS get promoted while good, honest people where held down.

Do yourself a favor. NEVER consider working for the corrupt, greedy, and discriminatory CarMax organization.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Timothy - Former Sales Manager of 6 Years - (U.S.A.)

Talk to Dustin Eatman, or Donna Wassel. Both of these individuals are senior managers, granted not caring individuals, yet they are motivated by anything that would be perceived as a breach of policy. It is easy to make these folks shutter esp. if they know you potentially will call the corporate office. Post your questions below if you want to know what to do. I do know laurissa--and this does not surprise me. This region is absolutely corrupt and run by good-ol-boys that do very little to provide any value to their organization; as processes are already in place controlled and monitored via corporate reports. I can help all of you let me know.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

If that's the case, report her to corporate headquarters. Don't even bother with the manager of the location, he or she is probably in on the scheme too. If they were charging you $100 just to take the test that may be against the law.

The test may have been some sort of psychological device. Remember they're looking for car salesmen, not necessarily for smart people. People who fail the test in a certain way may be identified as the most desirable hires.

#4 Consumer Suggestion