Complaint Review: CarMax

• Reported By: Badbaddeal — Rockville Maryland
CarMax
15931 Frederick Rd. Rockville, Maryland USA

CarMax Spot Delivery - Incompetent, greedy, law violators Rockville Maryland

Well I recently financed a vehicle through CarMax. Everything was going well, for the first 8 days of driving my "new to me" luxury car. That was until I received a call from my sales rep stating that my trade-in amount was wrong and I needed to either come up with almost $3k or unwind the loan to have the actual figures included. Violation #1: The payoff should have been verified by the incognizant idiots in the business office. Of course the second time, the deal went through, but the finance company was asking for a $5k down-payment....NOT from me, NOT in this century!!! So I walked away from the deal, gave them the keys to the car that I had been showing off. What they neglected to tell me, and denied when I asked, was that they had already received funding of the loan and that my trade-in was already shipped off!!! What?!?! This is Violation #2 for them! What those blood sucking vampires should have done to keep their consumer happy was to incur the cost! CarMax is mega million dollar bustling business...they have the money. This is their fault for not verifying the payoff amount, not mine...I gave them the figures as I knew it...even presented them with the amount I retrieved from my current finance company's website. Now I'm forced to drive around in their less-than luxury loaner car which I'm not returning until I have proof that I am no longer obligated to pay for the "funded deal". I refuse to pay two lenders because of their error. I'll be voicing my unhappy complaint wherever possible! Sincerely, Pissed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarMax/Rockville-Maryland/CarMax-Spot-Delivery-Incompetent-greedy-law-violators-Rockville-Maryland-1070519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarMax