Complaint Review: CarMax

CarMax
www.carmax.com Nationwide U.S.A.

CarMax Auto Finance CarMax Not crediting payment Kennesaw Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact your bank..

Carmax, seems to be pulling a very shady deal. I made a payment to my account on The first of December. For a large amount 4200.00 USD. the funds were withdrawn from my account on Dec 2nd. My account has not been credited. So Friday the 5th of December I call and speak to a csr and am informed there is no record of this transaction. So on her recommendation. I have my bank send a fax to the customer service area. The csr told me to address it to the customer service department. I was told I would receive a call Monday. Monday comes and I call back. And informed by a new csr that carmax holds electronic payments over 1000.00 for seven days. I ask her to check on this I had previously made a payment for 1500.00 dollars. And it cleared the bank fine the next day. My fax is still MIA. I am seeking advice as to whether I go to my bank a dispute the charge to carmax and say that it did not get to them. And have my bank yank back the payment

Kretsam
Norcross, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2008 01:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarMax/nationwide/CarMax-Auto-Finance-CarMax-Not-crediting-payment-Kennesaw-Georgia-399446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarMax

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ward107 - (U.S.A.)

Anytime there is a transaction and it is past a full week there might be an issue with theft. Credit card transactions are recorded electronicly and checks are returned to the bank. I would get a suggestion from the bank on wich course to take. Carmax doesn't like large lump payments because this reduces the interest that you are trying to avoid.

#2 Consumer Suggestion