Complaint Review: CarRentals.com

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: Cliff Buckwalter — Reading Pennsylvania United States of America
CarRentals.com

CarRentals.com Overcharged by FOUR TIMES the quoted amount! Internet

I booked a rental car with CarRentals.com on 11/4/12 for our visit to South Africa. I needed the car for a week and the quoted price for the type car I chose was $77.91.

With the rental, taxes and fees and insurance policy, I ended up paying $255.30. But that was merely the start! Upon arriving in Durban the Dollar Car agency had the booking information but charged our credit card $189.91 for - we were told - was a refundable deposit. Then after returning the car - actually after returning to the States - Dollar charged us an additional $46.80.

I have not received ANY explanation of these charges either by Dollar or CarRentals.com. This car rental cost us a total of $492.01!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CarRentalscom/internet/CarRentalscom-Overcharged-by-FOUR-TIMES-the-quoted-amount-Internet-974884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CarRentals.com