Complaint Review: Carbonite

• Reported By: Bill W — Park Ridge Illinois
Carbonite
Internet, Select State/Province USA

Carbonite Don't trust these guys with your service Internet

I have used Carbonite for years. I recently discovered that two of my families computers, both Mac's had not been backed up in years - one was 2.5 years and one was 1.5 years. Since I never had recieved anything from Carbonite saying there was a problem I had never checked my account - my bad, I trusted them.

During the time the computers were not being backed up Carbonite renewed my subscription for these two computers - one twice and the other three times.

I called Carbonite today and found out they no longer support OS10.4. Duh, that would have been nice to know. The customer service department refused to give me a refund for the service or to take responsibility for their mistake. They prefer to imply that I have so much money that I must like paying for subscriptions that are worthless to me. They did end up applying the money to one of my other computers on this account, a pc.

I think the cloud backup approach is very good but recommend that if you go with Carbonite that you check your account details on line monthly or so just to make sure they don't start treating you like the telco's do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carbonite/Internet-Select-StateProvince/Carbonite-Dont-trust-these-guys-with-your-service-Internetnbsp-1121414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carbonite