Complaint Review: Carbonite

• Submitted: Mon, April 08, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: Patricia — Dallas Georgia
Carbonite

Carbonite Is a Ripoff, they can email you for a payment due but have no problem deleting all your files without an email notification Internet

*Consumer Comment: Just a couple of questions...

Carbonite is one big ripoff and has basically ruined my business by deleting all my files. I work from my home with my business and had a computer crash. I didn't worry because I had Carbonite.  I got another computer and it was over 30 days before I decided to download all my files including documents, pictures, invoices, handouts etc. I had been going remotely and accessing them.

I was horrified when I went to download my files to find them all deleted. Every one of them gone. years of pictures, memories, business transactions gone forever.  I called Carbonite and after a week worked my way up to as they put it "the top tier" but it was no use. I was told everything was gone and there was nothing they could do about it but "credit me for the year"  I was so upset, I told them it wasn't the money it was my business we were talking about but they just said sorry. Nothing we can do about it now.

I was devastated.  I told them I couldn't believe they will email you about a payment when your payment is due but when it comes to your files, they do not email you to let you know your files are about to be gone forever.  They have your email address. This is so upsetting to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 06:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carbonite/internet/Carbonite-Is-a-Ripoff-they-can-email-you-for-a-payment-due-but-have-no-problem-deleting-1041772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carbonite

Just a couple of questions...

AUTHOR: Brian - ()

Did Carbonite give you a reason why they deleted your files?  Did you miss your renewal payment?