Complaint Review: Carbonite

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Germantown Tennessee United States of America
Carbonite

Carbonite Purge all my computer data , Internet

I thought Carbonite was an ingenious and reputable service. That was until  needed files from a prior PC from which I had transferred my subscription to a new one. When I looked at my files they were no longer there.

I was told by the representative that Carbonite was not a backup service, but only made copies of files. If those files were not downloaded within 30 days the files were purged. Carbonite says they are clear about that and it is no longer their responsibility after the 30 day period.

All of that may be true, but when dealing with sensitive data, especially years worth of small business data like mine, should they not at least provide warnings before the data is purged. Now, I have lost all of those files and data with no way to recover them. How, as a very small business, am I supposed to re-create all of that. It's impossible and my business is now in serious trouble.

This is the way Carbonite cares for its customers and one of the most important aspects of their lives. It's shameful! A corporate policy does not make an action ethical.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 03:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carbonite/internet/Carbonite-Purge-all-my-computer-data-Internet-1002774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carbonite