Complaint Review: Carchex

• Reported By: Rick — Germantown Maryland United States of America
Carchex
P.O. Box 167907 Irving, Texas United States of America

Carchex Screwed by EFG!! Irving , Texas

*Author of original report: Got my truck back, all is well!

*Consumer Comment: Amazing.

*Author of original report: I STAND CORRECTED!! CARCHEX IS A STAND UP COMPANY!!

*Author of original report: I STAND CORRECTED!! CARCHEX IS A STAND UP COMPANY!!

*Consumer Comment: Sad, but not surprising.

I purchased an extended warranty through Carchex on 12 Dec 2011.  The warranty is administered through Enterprise Financial Group (EFG).  I was told by Blair Forte, the salesman that sold me the warranty that it was as close to "bumper to bumper" as you could get.  What a load of crap that was! I recently took my 2006 Ford Expedition to have the following issues fixed: a/c blower, front passenger window motor, and the interior dome lighting and memory seats/

I was told by the Ford service rep that the cost to repair the fixes would be $1500!! I was like, "good thing I've got this extended warranty". Well come to find out that EFG will only cover the $200.00 window motor replacement!! They said that technically it was some sort of blower motor controller that was making the blower motor malfunction and not the blower motor itself, so they wouldn't cover the cost or the diagnostic fee!!   What??! This sounds like some "loop hole" double talk.

Of course I called and emailed and all I got was, "hey, you had 30 days to look over the coverage. If you didn't like it, you could have canceled it.".  Wow, now that's customer service!! What's so crazy is that since I've gotten the warranty, I've paid Carchex over $1100.00 in fees! Had I not paid for the warranty, I would have had the money to get my truck fixed!! How crazy is that?!

They think they can just blow me off with "you should have read the contract" speech.  Well, first I will be canceling this policy today and secondly I will be contacting the BBB, the Attorney General in Texas, the Irving local chamber of commerce and whomever else will listen.  I'm so sick of consumers like myself getting screwed and these big companies think they can get away with it!!

STAY AWAY FROM CARCHEX AND ENTERPRISE FINANCIAL GROUP!! THEY SUCK, BIG TIME!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2012 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carchex/Irving-Texas-75016/Carchex-Screwed-by-EFG-Irving-Texas-857332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carchex

Got my truck back, all is well!

AUTHOR: rick467 - (United States of America)

Just picked up my truck from the repair shop and all is working.  I had to pay more than the $100 deductible ($323.90) due to some diagnostic time that was not covered and some what I consider to be bogus "shop supply fee" but that's not CarChex's fault.  At any rate to answer the person's question who asked about CarChex's "change of heart", The CEO Jason Goldsmith said that after reviewing my case and my contract he agreed with me that the language was vague and that the parts/labor should have been covered by EFG.  Therefore he made a call on my behalf and got it all straightened out.

Having said all that, I hope consumers don't think that Carchex will get every claim approved just because you "make some noise", but I am confident that they will at least make an honest and good faith effort to review your case and if they agree with you, they will fight for you with the actual policy holder, EFG.  Really, as a consumer, that is all you can ask for.

Amazing.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Did they happen to mention why they had a change of heart?    We don't often see that on this site.

Please update your post after all of the repairs are complete and let us know how it went.

I STAND CORRECTED!! CARCHEX IS A STAND UP COMPANY!!

AUTHOR: rick467 - (United States of America)

Ok, I am THRILLED to say that due to the efforts Carchex's CEO, Jason Goldsmith and Tom Stratchko
Director of Sales, EFB is covering my repairs!! Not only covering my repairs, but since EFG will only cover my rental car expenses for 2 days instead of the 4 days I've had to have the rental car, Tom Stratchko told me to fax over my rental car receipt and that Carchex would cover the other 2 days of rental expenses!!  That is customer service at it's finest!

I will say it again, I WAS WRONG ABOUT THIS COMPANY!!! I won't say that I wasn't extremely upset until this ordeal came to a successful (and justified) conclusion, but I will say that when the CEO of the company called me personally and told me that he was going to make this right and he made good on his claim,  I can honestly say that I will continue to do business with Carchex and have the utmost faith that this company stands by and with it's customers!

THANK YOU CARCHEX!!

I STAND CORRECTED!! CARCHEX IS A STAND UP COMPANY!!

THANK YOU CARCHEX!!

Sad, but not surprising.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Third party auto warranties are notorious on this site.    If you look through the "auto warranties" section of the website, you'll notice that about half the complaints are like yours (loopholes in the contract) and the other half are that the warranty company just disappeared after getting paid.

"  They think they can just blow me off with "you should have read the contract" speech. "

Technically, they can.   The contract is the final authority as far as what is included or excluded in the coverage.

"  Had I not paid for the warranty, I would have had the money to get my truck fixed!! How crazy is that?!  "

That is almost always the case with these warranties.

" STAY AWAY FROM CARCHEX AND ENTERPRISE FINANCIAL GROUP!! "

Better yet, stay away from 3rd party used car warranties in general.   They are never as good as the salesperson (who gets a hefty commission) will claim they are.