Complaint Review: Card Cash

Card Cash

Card Cash ABC Gift Cards BUYER BEWARE! TWICE BURNED! Internet

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Policy is clearly stated

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service Manager

I made two purchases from CardCash (aka ABC Gift Cards) in December 2012.  Both transactions went bad.

CardCash sold me 3 gift cards totaling $243 on 12/9/12.  These were supposed to be Christmas gifts.  When they were not received, I contacted them and was informed that these cards were no longer available in their inventory.  On 12/24/12 I received a refund. Christmas Eve and I was missing 3 gifts.

Cardcash sold me 1 gift card for $94 on 12/10/12.  This was received promptly and I gave it as a Christmas gift.  When the recipient tried to use the card in March in was refused by Red Lobster as invalid.  The card had never been activated!  Now Card Cash refuses to refund my money due to their 45 day guarantee.  They did not stand up to their advertising claim of verifying and validating each and every card that they sell.

Learned my lesson...don't buy a discounted gift card from Card Cash (aka ABC Gift Card.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2013 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Card-Cash/internet/Card-Cash-ABC-Gift-Cards-BUYER-BEWARE-TWICE-BURNED-Internet-1035864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Card Cash

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Policy is clearly stated

AUTHOR: Jeremy - ()

The nature of the secondary gift card market, like any other secondary market such as Ebay and Amazon, is that there are inherent risks.

That being said, CardCash.com has a 45-day guarantee in place to protect our many satisified customers. We often take a loss on these cards that go bad during this time all as a way to protect the customer.

Our 45-day policy is clearly stated on our website and is sent with every package that we deliver.

Once the 45-day window has passed we can no longer guarantee cards.

Customer Service Manager

AUTHOR: Jeremy - ()

Our 45 day policy is industry standard, similar to Ebay and PayPal who also have a 45 day policy in the secondary market. The first issue was refunded promptly; the second one falls outside our 45 days.

We do verify all cards that come into our system. Occasionally some cards do go bad-those cards go bad after we have verified them. This is a rare occurrence and we have thousands of happy customers who save thousands annually through our discounted gift cards system.