Complaint Review: Card Member Services

• Updated: Fri, August 29, 2014

• Reported By: Denise — Bel Air Maryland
Card Member Services
Atlanta, Georgia USA

Card Member Services Harassing Phone Calls to someone on DO NOT CALL registry Atlanta Georgia

I get phone calls from "Card Member Services" almost every single day.  The calls are masked as it appears with a local number or, today, it displayed MY phone number on the caller ID.  When you pick up the phone it is an automated message saying they can lower your interest rate.  I work from my home and I find these calls harrassing and disturbing to my home work environment.  I am on the National Do Not Call Registry.

I had tried to stop these months ago and selected the option to talk to an agent and when I said I wanted them to stop calling me - I was hung up on.  Today, I tried again.  I had an agent with a very thick Indian accent.  I asked the name of the compnay and was told "Card Member Services" --- I asked him to confirm --- the name of your co is "Card Member Services" and he confirmed it was.

I then asked where is your co headquarters and the response was they are headquarted in Atlanta, GA but they have centers all over (I would imagine they have call centers in India).  I said that I am on the National Do Not Call Registry and  they cannot call me.  The agent constantly talked over top of me and tried to ignore me.  I then screamed into the phone that I am on the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY - TAKE MY NAME OFF OF YOUR CALL LIST - DO NOT CALL AGAIN!  What you are doing is harassment.  Then I hung up - this IDIOT then CALLS ME BACK!  How annoying!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2014 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Card-Member-Services/Atlanta-Georgia/Card-Member-Services-Harassing-Phone-Calls-to-someone-on-DO-NOT-CALL-registry-Atlanta-Geo-1173189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Card Member Services