Complaint Review: Card Processing Center, newport News &FCNB)

• Submitted: Tue, July 29, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2008

• Reported By:los angeles California
Card Processing Center, newport News &FCNB)
P.O. Box 5811, Hicksville, New Y ork 11802-5811 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

Card Processing Center, newport News &FCNB Bogus late fees Old Bethpage New York

This was an account that I had with Newport News. Then FCNB purchased it and closed all of the accounts and I am paying off the balance to "Card Processing Center".

I thought that if the company closed my account and there is no activity other than to make payments, isn't the finance charges supposed to stop?

Every couple of months I will receive my monthly statement and there is a late charge on it of $35.00. I write to them and tell them that if they hadn't changed my due date that my payment wouldn't be late.

My due date was originally on the 6th of the month, now it's anywhere from the 2nd -4th of the month, usually my payments are due on a Sunday or the day of a holiday. Independence Day, New Years Day(when the mail doesn't run) Memorial Day, holidays like that.

Most of the time after a letter they take off the late fee but why should I have to go through this on a continous basis with them?

No matter how early I mail my payment they still charge me a late fee which is bogus. They are aware that I get paid on the 1st of the month and I think this is why they try to get away with those late fees. Even when I mail a payment on the 25th or 27th they say it is still late.

los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2008 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Card-Processing-Center-newport-News-FCNB/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804-9004/Card-Processing-Center-newport-News-FCNB-Bogus-late-fees-Old-Bethpage-New-York-357155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Card Processing Center, newport News &FCNB)