Complaint Review: Card Processing Center

• Submitted: Tue, February 12, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 12, 2008

• Reported By:St. Joseph Michigan
Card Processing Center
P.O Box 9204 Old Bethpage, New York U.S.A.

Card Processing Center deceptive billing tactics, fraudulent late fees, only written correspondence Old Bethpage New York

1st EXPERIENCE: I moved in May 2007 and made a detailed list of all creditors, publishers, retailers, etc. to whom we reported a change of address. Card Processing Center was included on this list. On July 2, 2007 I received a call at my place of BUSINESS - not my home - regarding my "past due account." I informed the caller that I have not received a billing statement since moving and confirmed the "change of address."

In addition, I identified them on my caller ID at my new home phone # later that day which means they received the change notification enough to have my new number. The past due amount also included a $35 late fee. This was removed and resolved after using their only available correspondence method - "snail" mail to a PO box.

2nd EXPRERIENCE: Upon removing the previously mentioned $35 late fee from July, they decided to add an additional $35 late fee 3 days later since - obviously - a payment still had not been made as I had yet to receive a billing statement. Upon actually speaking to someone I was informed that a manager would have to resolve this and call me back. They never did. As with my 1st experience I sent a letter to their PO box and the charges were again removed.

3rd EXPRERIENCE: On December 19, 2007 Card Processing Center received an on-time payment - according to the cleared check via my bank statement. However, they decided not apply the payment and in turn asess another $35 late fee. This dispute has yet to be resolved as I am in the process of clarification by new phone #'s found online, but assuming another letter will be typed.

In review, over the last 6 months Card Processing Center of Bethpage, NY has attempted to, in my view, catch me not paying attention. Add to that, the fact that they do not provide a phone number to allow you to speak to an actual person to clarify any issues leads me to believe they are indeed guilty of deceptive billing practices. A simple search online for Card Processing Center of NY has only reinforced this assessment and led me to Ripoffreport.com.

St. Joseph, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2008 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Card-Processing-Center/Old-Bethpage-New-York-11804/Card-Processing-Center-deceptive-billing-tactics-fraudulent-late-fees-only-written-corre-308274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Card Processing Center