Complaint Review: Card Reader Factory

Internet USA

Card Reader Factory Poor Service, Works with LE, Breach of Privacy Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Law Enforcement

*Consumer Comment: Similar story with cardreaderfactory.com

Card Reader Factory is not a trustworthy retailer. In my experiences with them, it took a very long time, in excess of 3 weeks to receive the reader that I ordered. I purchased it with bitcoin and the payment was confirmed promptly. However, there were continuous delays that prevented me from receiving the reader. The first tracking number they provided me with was fake, but they claimed it was a mistake...

Soon after receiving the reader, the police showed up at my door with a number of questions clearly related to the reader I had just received. I denied receiving such a reader, however they were pushing very hard with their questions. I am not confident using them, as I am certain all order information is being forwarded to LE. There can be absolutely no other explanation for why LE arrived at my house. I took very secure and anonymous methods in ensuring that the reader could not be linked back to me otherwise.

Upon closer inspection, the readers each have serial numbers. If you use the card reader on an ATM or any other method and it gets confiscated the serial number will link it directly back to you. This guarantees that Card Reader Factory works with LE and passes all information to police as soon as you order.

I would stay away from Card Reader Factory unless I wanted LE to arrive at my door. Their practices are untrustworthy and a breach of my privacy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 01:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Card-Reader-Factory/internet/Card-Reader-Factory-Poor-Service-Works-with-LE-Breach-of-Privacy-Internet-1065631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Card Reader Factory

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Law Enforcement

AUTHOR: Card Reader Factory - ()

1. Regarding shipping, we are not in control of DHL or Customs. Here's is what you've agreed when you've purchased from us:

"When ordering goods from CardReaderFactory.com for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from CardReaderFactory.com, you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods."

2. Regarding the usage of our products for theft:

You have agreed to be bound by our terms and conditions. Because you broke our terms and conditions by using our reader for illegal purposes, we are terminating your license to use our product according to this paragraph:

"You must not use our products to obtain any information without the owner’s knowledge or approval. You must not send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, [...] privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; [..]. You and your applications of our products must not cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety. You will safeguard the use and distribution of our products and make any effort to prevent illegal use from occurring.

This license is effective until terminated. It will terminate upon the conditions set forth above or if you fail to comply with any of its terms. Upon termination, you agree that the Hardware, Software and accompanying materials, and all copies thereof, will be destroyed."

Please proceed to destroying the equipment that you've received from us.

3. Regarding our cooperation with law enforcement:

Every company is required to cooperate with law enforcement. We have never and will never support or sell our goods to criminals. We are doing our best to keep our products out of the hands of individuals like you.

However, we have never been contacted by the law enforcement to disclose any details of our customers, therefore we had nothing to do with the visit from the police; this is your own doing.

Yes, our readers do have serial numbers and are not designed to be used on ATMs. They will NEVER be designed for these purposes.

Similar story with cardreaderfactory.com

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

I also made a purchase from cardreaderfactory (www.cardreaderfactory.com) and ended up with LE at my door. I thought it was only a coincidence, but when I looked online to see if this happened to anybody else, I came across this. It's suspicious that it happened to more than one person.

I agree with the person above and believe that card reader factory is working with LE, either through supplying them information or linking serial numbers.

I will never ever buy from card reader factory again, especially when they WORK WITH LE