Complaint Review: Card Services International - First Data

• Updated: Sun, March 14, 2010

• Reported By: Bob — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania United States of America
Card Services International - First Data
Walnut Creek, California United States of America

Card Services International - First Data Flagship Merchant Services, Charged Fees in clear breach of documented agreement and refused to refund the fees. Walnut Creek, California

I signed up with Flagship Merchant Services (card service international) a few months ago and everything was going fine until recently. I noticed on my last statement they charged me $100 for a "compliance service fee." I recalled from my conversation with the representative who signed me up that this fee would be waived.

So, I checked my agreement.  On my agreement is clearly says "Compliance Service Fee = $0".  So, thinking this was just an honest mistake I sent an email to the representative who signed me up and asked that my $100 be refunded. This email was ignored. When I called them I was told that "corporate had imposed this fee and there was nothing they could do."

They also told me that they had sent me a letter stating this fee would be imposed. No such letter was ever sent to me. Also, I found it a bit odd that they did not choose to exercise any other options for communications that they could point to later such as email, or even a recorded phone call, or otherwise obtain my permission.

After being passed around I spoke with a representative who told me they would not refund my money despite this being a clear violation of our agreement.  When I asked the representative to speak with someone who had the authority to refund my money he told me "no."

These guys are criminals. Don't do business with them.  I am filing a claim against this company in small claims court and closing my account with them.  I lived up to my end of our agreement and have paid all fees that were outlined in our agreement. Apparently it was unrealistic of me to expect they would do the same.  This company chooses not to do business reputably, ethically, professionally, or even legally.  Steer clear of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2010 05:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Card-Services-International-First-Data/Walnut-Creek-California-94598/Card-Services-International-First-Data-Flagship-Merchant-Services-Charged-Fees-in-clear-580906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Card Services International - First Data