Complaint Review: Cardinal Boat Movers

• Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: Vic — North Vancouver British Columbia Canada
Cardinal Boat Movers
3698 Baird Road North Vancouver, British Columbia United States of America

Cardinal Boat Movers Completely Unprofessional & Damages Boats North Vancouver, British Columbia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Candinal Boat Movers are a Scam

*Consumer Comment: Amateur Boat Movers!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Thanks for the laugh!!

*General Comment: Liars

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Cardinal Boat Movers gives professional, skilled, quality service!

BEWARE! Do NOT deal with Cardinal!

Hopefully my testimonial here will get the point across.

I had this company move my 2004 Baja Islander 292 from Penticton, BC to Mosquito Creek Marina in North Vancouver, BC. When they arrived with my boat the first thing I had noticed was that it had shifted on the trailer during transport to the point where it was rolled over by at least 15 degrees. This was of course due to improper strapping. The straps that they had use ended up scratching, gouging and marring the gelcoat on the hull. They said they will not cover the cost of repair and refused to use their supposed cargo insurance policy. When I asked to see it, they did not want to show me. Very very shady. Looks like I'm out at least $1200 on that account now.

Additionally, they had not taken off the canvas cover before transport. This got all ripped up along the way as well and now I have to pay an upholstery shop to get it repaired.

All in all they handled this situation very unprofessionally. I realize that things can happen on the road but at least handle it with integrity! Not to mention their equipment looks as old as the hills. I didn't realize this until they had shown up.

I guess everything looks better in photos. Do not deal with these guys. Shop around elsewhere!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2012 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cardinal-Boat-Movers/North-Vancouver-British-Columbia-V7K-2H2/Cardinal-Boat-Movers-Completely-Unprofessional-Damages-Boats-North-Vancouver-British-C-972902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cardinal Boat Movers

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Candinal Boat Movers are a Scam

AUTHOR: Scammed by USHIP - (Canada)

Don't play stupid. It doesn't look good if you are trying to be professional. Accept your faults and admit to them. Your replies are proof how you're a loser.

Amateur Boat Movers!

AUTHOR: Thunderbird Employee - (United States of America)

I work for Thunderbird Marine and I had a customer ask me who would be a good company to move their boat.

At the time I couldn't think of any other than Cardinal and boy was I sorry I made this referral! A week later my customer came back and told me the horror story about how Cardinal damaged the leg on their Bayliner while offloading it. I felt really bad for my customer so I tried calling them to see if I could get some kind of restitution but all I got was arrogance from the owner.

I will never be referring customers of Thunderbird to Cardinal again!

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Thanks for the laugh!!

AUTHOR: Dave H - (Canada)

I have no idea who you are so I cannot help you. I checked with Mosquito Creek Marina and they have no record of you or your boat. I am not sure what game you are playing and again I invite you to prove your claim! I have been with the company for just over twenty years and have owned it for 10 getting busier and busier every year. I believe you are a competitor trying to make my successful company look bad. I have wasted enough time on this so unless you come forward with proof I am done with this!

#4 General Comment

Liars

AUTHOR: Scammed by USHIP - (Canada)

There are more than 2 Vic Goertzens in BC. If they have been hauling for 40 years, why have they had repeat customers for nearly 20? I guess at first they were okay, but over the last 20 years the service has gone down hill. They even admitted to this.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Cardinal Boat Movers gives professional, skilled, quality service!

AUTHOR: Dave H - (Canada)

The review from Vic is a hoax and a malicious. Cardinal has never dealt with this customer nor moved the boat in question. I invite this person to give us a call with some proof. Cardinal Boat Movers is a family based business that has been a leader in the boat transport industry for over 40 years.  If the person was legitament then why not leave any contact info? I do know the thousands of customers we have been serving over the years are quite happy with alot of them being repeat customers for close to or over 20 years!