replace

• Submitted: Sun, December 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 28, 2008

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Cardmember Services, Chase Bank USA, First USA
www.chase.com Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

Cardmember Services, Chase Bank USA, First USA Company is pursuing a request I didn't make Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Nothing unusual here. You over reacted to authorized, routine credit reviews.

I recently received a company of my credit report. As I went through it I discovered that there had been repeated inquiries from First USA, NA, that I knew was now known by the Chase Bank USA. Therefore I was wondering why, First USA was checking my credit, and had been doing so for months. I called the ph#, that appeared on my credit report under the name of the company that made the inquiry. I asked why First USA was checking my credit, and the person who was talking to me they couldn't give me that info. I explained to the person on the phone that I was getting the info I was giving them from my credit report. We went round and round for a while, and finally I decided to end the call, because I was not getting the info I wanted.

Then today I get a letter from Cardmember Services telling me that in order to complete my research request I would need to send them a copy of my complete credit report, plus the specific inquiry dates. The letter goes onto to say that I must submit the above information within the next 30 days, along with a copy of the letter they sent me in order to complete my research request. They also provided me with a fax# 888-643-9628 in case I wanted to fax this info to them. The phone # for inquiry was stated as 800-441-7681. This letter was not signed, it was essentially a form letter. It did have initials at the bottom in regards to who wrote it & who typed it- "JH:jh". Then under that was another set of letters & #'s "CDV003". The letter head was Chase, & at the bottom it said "Chase credit cards are issued and accounts are owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be serviced by its affiliates" I am not quite sure what this statement means, but it sounds like it's a disclaimer of sorts. I was very surprised to get this letter, considering that I never made a formal request, I only asked questions that went unanswered.

I think these people must be nuts if they think I am going to send them a copy of my credit report, when they can access it. I certainly would not fax this info to them. After I called and made my inquiry, I went back and looked through my cards and realized that these inquiries must have something to do with a Visa card that has not been used for a couple of years, but was still open. I really resent them contacting me, and making repeated inquiries on my credit report when there is no reason to. I feel like they are taking advantage of me, and it makes me mad.

Darby
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2008 01:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cardmember-Services-Chase-Bank-USA-First-USA/Wilmington-Delaware-19850-5011/Cardmember-Services-Chase-Bank-USA-First-USA-Company-is-pursuing-a-request-I-didnt-make-405427. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cardmember Services, Chase Bank USA, First USA

Nothing unusual here. You over reacted to authorized, routine credit reviews.

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Darby,

There is nothing unusal about this, and certainly no fraud or rip off.

ALL credit card companies do "periodic reviews" of your credit report. This is fully disclosed in your terms and conditions and you authorized it when you signed for the card.

You obviously confused the person in customer service, and you obviously over reacted to something that was nothing at all.

That is why you got the form letter, as the peron in customer service was following up on your "DISPUTE".