Complaint Review: Cardpool

• Reported By: Geremyyy — Middleboro Massachusetts
Cardpool
Internet USA

Cardpool Poor Service; Guaranty Issues Internet

I purchased a $100 Home Depot E-Card which had zero balance when received.  This obviously doesn't instill confidence.   I notified Cardpool immediately by email (which is the only way to contact them on their website - which, again does not instill confidence).  Despite on-line assurances to reply to inquiries promptly, there's been no response whatsoever going on 1 week.  The only response was an automated email claiming "high holiday volume" (in April!). I believe this automated response has been issued for months.

If a company cannot process high holiday volume by April, the problem would appear to be inadequate staffing (or customer service), not holiday volume.  They provide no phone contact information, and based upon other reviews, calls (if one can find a phone number) are unanswered anyways and directed by an automated answering system to email.  In my opinion, this reflects a lack of appreciation for proper customer service.

I decided to dispute the charge with my credit card issuer.  Maybe they will get around to my complaint eventually.  I don't know.  But for me, I don't intend to utilize Cardpool ever again and I'd recommend others stay away.    Any savings on gift cards, will be outweighed by the frustration, inconvenience and poor service  associated with dealing with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2014 05:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cardpool-/internet/Cardpool-Poor-Service-Guaranty-Issues-Internet-1134555. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cardpool