Complaint Review: Cardpool.com

• Submitted: Thu, September 20, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: Matt — Santa Monica California United States of America

Cardpool.com Cardpool Stole $350 in gift cards from me, Internet

Cardpool is an online company that buys and sells preowned gift cards.   I had $350 in unused Best Buy gift cards that I wanted to sell.   I agreed to sell the cards for $323.40 and was emailed a prepaid shipping label. They offer a choice to receive a higher value for your cards if you take the credit in an Amazon Gift Card.   I chose this option. I followed their instructions and sent them the cards on Aug 11, 2012 (transaction 1392622).

Cardpool claims they never received the cards.   According to Best Buy the cards were cashed 4 days after I sent them.   I would chalk this up to bad luck and the cards just getting lost in the mail, but upon further research about this company I have found many similar complaints.   I suspect they have an internal theft problem within their company.

I requested that they honor the exchange they had agreed to do.  They were unwilling to do so.  My concern is that they have a history of doing this to customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cardpoolcom/internet/Cardpoolcom-Cardpool-Stole-350-in-gift-cards-from-me-Internet-944164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cardpool.com