Complaint Review: Care Credit / GE Capital Cons Cardco

• Updated: Tue, July 19, 2005

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Care Credit / GE Capital Cons Cardco
http://www.carecredit.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Care Credit Care Credit / GE Capital Cons Cardco Insane, hidden fees, courtesy of your local dentist. Corporate Office - Orlando Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: CareCredit will charge no interest if merchant does not process transaction correctly.

I needed some dental work, and could not afford it all on my meager teacher's salary. So, my dentist told me to sign up for Care Credit, a card for dental fees. The dentist's financial lady told me that Care Credit would not charge interest or fees. Imagine my surprise this month when I had a finance charge of more than $30 tacked on to my bill! And my balance is only $250!

STAY AWAY from Care Credit. Borrow money from the bank. Use another credit card. Do ANYTHING but sign up for this ripoff card!! They are TERRIBLE.

Courtney
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2005 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Care-Credit-GE-Capital-Cons-Cardco/nationwide/Care-Credit-Care-Credit-GE-Capital-Cons-Cardco-Insane-hidden-fees-courtesy-of-your-loc-127641. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Care Credit / GE Capital Cons Cardco

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Atalia - (U.S.A.)

I was a dental office manager up until last month. I can tell you that when a merchant does not punch in a particular code in their credit card machine then Care Credit does not give you the interest free promotion. Some merchants think its automatic because they did not follow the training they were offered when they obtained the program. You can call and have the merchant reverse the transaction and enter it with the correct promotion code and you will not be charged interest. I know because I had to do this when I made a mistake and had to go back and fix it six months later.