Complaint Review: Care Credit - GE Money

• Updated: Wed, September 23, 2009

• Reported By: ripped off and appalled — Eureka California USA
Care Credit - GE Money
somewhere in Texas? Eureka, California United States of America

Care Credit - GE Money unknown other aka's went to Dr, Pentecost for a broken molar-asked for a specific quote as money was tight-did not receive the quoted services but was billed for that amount anyway-was lied to and defrauded about everyth Eureka, California

I went to a dentist my daughter goes to, with a broken molar, broken to the gum.My finances are extremely tight because my husband became disabled and we didn't have much income.I made this very clear all throughout the visit. I was given a quote just over 2000.00 which was to include fixing my broken molar, putting lumineers on my front teeth, and a free bleaching for my teeth,said no charge. I agreed to this exactly as presented to me and began treatment. This was put on the computer screen in front of me, a dental assistant and Dr. Pentecost.I was also given a written estimate.I had three visits, all on the molar.By the 2nd visit I asked when was I going to have the trays fitted for bleaching, and was just ignored.By the 3rd visit I got a permanent molar which I thought was done the 2nd time. I was getting uneasy that something was not going right.I made 2 cash payments with 2 visits to keep costs down for me. I signed up for Care Credit under the premise that's how they did their payments, not knowing it was a credit card.I made monthly payments, sometimes 4x the required payment, to get it paid as quickly as possible.When I found out I was not getting the services promised, I stopped paying after over a year of paying regularly.I wrote Care Credit explaining my situation, they said they would look into it. They made the dentist return a 687.00 charge they couldn't explain, and then made receipts to look like what was done is the amount billed, none of the other promised services were done or discussed. So basically I got ripped off when my money was tight and I thought a man's word was good plus the paper it was written on. I have been so upset since, to be lied to and defrauded. Also, it was to be interest free for a year, so I was trying to get it paid by then.Now Care Credit wants 2500.00 some odd dollars for interest because after I had inquired something was wrong, they want all the interest for the so-called free year.      Scammed?Yeah,even though Care Credit made the dentist return money he could not account for.I don't know what to do, they are ruining my credit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2009 03:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Care-Credit-GE-Money/Eureka-California-95503/Care-Credit-GE-Money-unknown-other-akas-went-to-Dr-Pentecost-for-a-broken-molar-asked-499435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Care Credit - GE Money