Complaint Review: Care Credit Healthcare Financing

• Submitted: Thu, September 13, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 13, 2012

• Reported By: DanaElizabeth — myrtle beach South Carolina United States of America
Care Credit Healthcare Financing
P.O. Box 960061 Internet United States of America

Care Credit Healthcare Financing GE Money Bank Biggest Rip-off & Terrible Customer Service Internet

I applied for Care Credit a few years ago, knowing the interest rate was pretty high.  I thought I'd get it paid off, but my rate as well as my payment kept rising.  The customer service associate that I spoke with (with too strong of a foreign accent to even be acceptable to be someone who speaks to English speaking people OVER the phone) was NO HELP.  He first told me that my APR was 29%, then when I said, "What???"  He said, "No, actually it looks like you're on the 13.9% plan."  I said well it was higher than that when I signed up, and my payments have INCREASED; so I know the APR isn't lower.  I asked him to lower it, he said let me check.  He came back and said there is no way it can be lowered, so I then asked him to lower my payment (back to under $100 as it was originally).  He said hold on, then a few minutes later came back on and said, "Goodbye, Ma'am!"  I was then disconnected.

My payments and APR did go up because I paid late once, but I was a full-time student.. and I was having a hard time paying.  So, as do most sketchy credit card companies do, they make it EVEN harder to pay.  And they wonder why people default?  I haven't ever had such a horrible and strange experience with customer service though; I now will pay this off immediately if I have to forego food for 2 months.

Also, they do NOT allow payments by credit card.. NOR do they allow balance transfers!!!  Meaning they're holding that balance hostage!  Unless you pay cash, tough luck!  To me, this is very unscrupulous and it shows that are all about profit and not a good company.  Never again!

BEWARE of Care Credit GE Money.  It is not a sound financial move, and there are plenty of other ways to finance healthcare (just use a regular credit card if nothing else).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2012 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Care-Credit-Healthcare-Financing/internet/Care-Credit-Healthcare-Financing-GE-Money-Bank-Biggest-Rip-off-Terrible-Customer-Service-940754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Care Credit Healthcare Financing