Complaint Review: Care Credit

• Submitted: Thu, May 01, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, May 01, 2003

• Reported By:Naples Florida
Care Credit
Po Box 276, Dayton, OH 45401 Dayton, Ohio U.S.A.

Care Credit - GE Capital Con owe more now than I borrowed rip off Dayton Ohio

I borrowed $500 to pay for emergency dental work. It was my dentist that arranged it while I was standing there under anesthesia and in pain. I had no choice. the work ended up costing a lot more money than expected.

I agreed to borrow $500 from care credit. They agreed to send my a payment booklet for me to pay back the loan. the very first statement I got was already late when I got the statement. I sent it in and the next bill had a late fee which automatically included an over the limit fee since the amount I borrowed was set as my max. so now my payment had to be an additional $60 to cover the additional fees plus more for interest.

But I didn't really notice this so I sent the minimum payment of $20.00 It goes on and on for the last 6 months. Now having paid every month, I owe $660.00 on my load of $500. I have decided to just walk away. I can pay every month and 2 years from now owe more than I do now. I am not going to throw any more money away with this company. the more you pay, the more you owe. And the will call you 2 or 3 times a day.

When they call, I have started asking if they are entry level or a supervisor. when they say entry, I tell them to have a supervisor call me. then I hang up. One never has called!

I wonder if the dentists are getting a kick back? This needs to be investigated. Is a contract signed under anesthesia legal?

If you have this card - you will just be throwing away good money after bad. It is not possible to get ahead with this card. the more you pay...the more you owe!

Betty
Naples, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2003 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Care-Credit/Dayton-Ohio/Care-Credit-GE-Capital-Con-owe-more-now-than-I-borrowed-rip-off-Dayton-Ohio-55289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Care Credit