Complaint Review: Care Credit/GE Money

• Reported By: Anonymous — Georgia United States of America
Care Credit/GE Money
Orlando, Florida United States of America

Care Credit/GE Money Care Credit Rip off, Scam. Orlando, Florida

*Consumer Comment: That's A Great Idea!

*Author of original report: What a hateful reply from Jim to my experience.

*Consumer Comment: The Rip Off Is...

I applied for a Care Credit account in 2011.  At the time, I felt that it would be a great idea to enroll in the Account protection just in the event that I was downsized.   Well I was downsized but able to make the minimum amount each month out of my unemployment along with the fee for the Account protection services.  Things took a turn for the worse financially and  I contacted Card Credit to explain my situation and my hardship and to see if I could make a payment a week after the due date.  I had been current with all payments except for this past month when I contacted the creditor.  I was honest and told the rep about my circumstance.  I was also told that my account was noted regarding the hardship and call and not to worry.  I also applied to have my account debt forgiven since I was unemployed and paid for the Account protection service.  I sent all the necessary information to the Plan Administrator in Roswell, GA.

Three days after contacting Care Credit I began receiving calls from a woman with a strong Indian accent regarding my account.  She never left a message but continued to call me over and over from a number with area code (937).   I answered the phone and she asked for the amount due of $38 to bring this account current.  She was very rude and nasty.  I told her not to call me again and I paid the $38 when I got to my computer, this left my checking account with a balance of $10.  She also told me that she would be calling me again if I skipped payment for July 2012.   This was harassment and will be reported to the FTC.

I do wish that I had never gotten this account, but once this is over I will never apply for this type of crap again.  It is too bad that I don't have health or dental insurance and this was the only way that I could visit a healthcare professional.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2012 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Care-CreditGE-Money/Orlando-Florida-/Care-CreditGE-Money-Care-Credit-Rip-off-Scam-Orlando-Florida-905448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Care Credit/GE Money

That's A Great Idea!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

...Because they did NOTHING to rip you off. You failed to pay. They want their money. You bet they are going to try to chase you down to hold you to the CONTRACT you signed! Its the same for me, you and anybody else who signs a credit contract! If you remember the contract you signed AND agreed to, it did not say "the payment is only due if you have the money". Apparently you are new to credit. Otherwise why would you even remotely think they would not call you? Then to complain to the FTC because they called you...that's ridiculous! $38 is not a lot of money...I mean its easily within the realm of borrowing from someone. I'm sorry if the cold hard facts of financial life are so upsetting to you but they are the facts for all of us, including me. When the payment is due...they expect to get it...plain and simple.

What a hateful reply from Jim to my experience.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

ok...you made your point.  What side of the bed did you wake up on?  What a hateful reply.   This was MY experience.   If you don't have anything positive to say, move on..for whatever reason you chose to troll and look for a reason to be hateful to someone that simply posted their experience.  I know that you are going to attack me again, therefore I won't bother to even get back on this site.   You are special.

The Rip Off Is...

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You failed to pay the account when due. They made collection calls to you...standard procedure. You didn't like that. Too bad. When you fail to pay when due, collections calls start. Absolutely no ripoff here other than you not paying when you said you would! But if it makes you feel good complain to the IRS, CIA, FCC, DEA, INS, DOT, NATO, SEATO, NRC, NRA, NAACP, NAAWP, VA, FAA, USGA, LPGA, AAABA, ALPA, FOP, FBI, USIA.