Complaint Review: CareCredit - GE Money Bank

• Submitted: Fri, March 27, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, March 27, 2009

• Reported By:vandalia Ohio
CareCredit - GE Money Bank
www.carecredit.com El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

CareCredit - GE Money Bank Credit Rip Off El Paso Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Me too

I had a line of credit with this company for major dental work. The credit line was $4000.00. I had not even used $1600.00 of my available credit and had made ever payment on time.

I went to my dentist office for continuation of my dental treatment plan. After the work had been finished they ran my Care Credit Card for payment only to find it was declined. I had no option other than to pay my portion of the treatment out of pocket that day and it was $342.00(a nice chunk for most middle class families if you were not planning on spending that).

My provider attempted to contact the credit provider(which is a company that they refer and the only credit line they accept) only to be told they had no information and that I would have to contact their Card Services Division.

I paid my portion(ouch) and then contacted Card Services just to be informed that they have changed their lending criteria and that I am now a high credit risk. Note, that this was done without notification to me. I questioned this to be told that notification had been mailed out yesterday.

The original customer service rep. that I spoke with could not give me any details other than my account had been closed. I was transferred to what they refer to as an accelerated rep. This is when I was informed of the reasons my account had been closed. The topper was that the accelerated rep I spoke to named Channel was probably one of the rudest representatives that I have ever dealt with in ANY business situation.

If you are a user of Care Credit then I would highly suggest contacting them prior to any treatments to make sure that your credit line is available. I am now stuck in the middle of a major dental treatment plan that I am now going to be required to be paying straight out of my pocket for whatever my insurance does not cover. This is a frightening prospect as the going rate for a root canal in my area is $1000.00.

Care Credit customers beware!

vandalia, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2009 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CareCredit-GE-Money-Bank/El-Paso-Texas-79998/CareCredit-GE-Money-Bank-Credit-Rip-Off-El-Paso-Texas-438247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CareCredit - GE Money Bank

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Me too

AUTHOR: Jenifer - (U.S.A.)

GE Money Bank cut my limit down to $100 on one of my cards too---I received notice after the fact. It was a WalMart card---I know it isn't Walmart's fault (and my credit is better now than it was when I got the card!!), but as soon as my balance is paid on the card, I am cutting it up and calling them and telling them to cancel...I would rather give my cash to a store than let GE Money Bank pocket my interest...

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

AND THEIR inability to properly manage their financial division

If you had read the hundreds previous postings most of this took place JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS and they started with all dept store credit cards.

Like it or not - you are better off without them - they mismanage accounts so badly and then never correct mistakes they make. If you had a 0% interest account for 12 months - they will delay processing your last payment until after the due date - so they can add interest and late fees. Then they hit you with 12 months interest. Even when you can prove they were paid by your bank before the due date - they just claim you never sent them.

The reason why so many dept stores had such terrible Christmas sales was because GEMB cut everyones limit to $100. Those who planned on using those cards for Christmas shopping - went to other stores instead. Mistakenly boycotting the store because GEMB cut their limits.