Complaint Review: CareCredit - G.E. Money Bank

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2008

• Reported By:Bolingbroke Georgia
CareCredit - G.E. Money Bank
El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

CareCredit - G.E. Money Bank Impossible to Reach about Billing Problems El Paso Texas

I chose CareCredit for major dental work because I did not want to charge it on my credit card. I was told it was interest free for a year. The information about this service was furnished by my dentist office.

I did not know the payment was even posted to my account the first time because I received no cancelled check back in my bank statement and no "CareCredit" debit went through my account. I had to wait for the next statement to see if they did indeed get the payment and had deducted it from my balance. Some unknown "company initials" withdrew the payment from my account. Fortunately they listed the check number.

I did not receive a billing statement in December for January 5 payment. I tried to call over and over to get a duplicate billing statement so I could pay my bill before the due date. I could not get a human being on the phone, so I made a copy of the statemnt for the previous month. I attached a letter with an over payment check and mailed it. I asked that they please send me a billing statement each month in a timely manner.

Someone in India, yes, India called me this week asking why my payment had not been paid for January.(I asked where he was calling from and he said India) I was shocked!!! Needless to say, I explained the whole thing and told him I mailed a check on January 5th. It had had plenty of time to clear their post/accounting. I told him I wanted to speak to someone in Florida or Texas.I go no results.

I went to my bank two days ago to see if the payment had been posted. Nothing. My manager said I should stop payment in two days if the check had not been cleared. This is another expense all because I received no billing statement in December,for January. It is impossible to talk to customer service at the number given. I am sure they are probably adding late due charges on my account as I report this.

I called my dentist office to see if they had more numbers for CareCredit. I was given 3 more numbers, but received the same automated answer. One cannot contact customer service by email.

I am afraid to send another payment. They never send the cancelled checks back to my bank. Are others having the same problems with CareCredit. This is a new account. I am afraid to send another check. They might say they did not receive this one either. At this point I am "between a rock and a hard place". I do not know what to do.

Js georgia
Bolingbroke, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2008 06:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CareCredit-GE-Money-Bank/El-Paso-Texas/CareCredit-GE-Money-Bank-Impossible-to-Reach-about-Billing-Problems-El-Paso-Texas-300457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CareCredit - G.E. Money Bank