Complaint Review: CareCredit/GEMoney

• Submitted: Mon, May 26, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 26, 2008

• Reported By:Atascadero California
CareCredit/GEMoney
PO Box 981127 El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

CareCredit/GEMoney Took advantage of my age and financial situation El Paso Texas

Last year, I had a terrible toothache, so I went to a local dentist, and wanted to pay in installments. I was told about CareCredit. It sounded great, so I enrolled. However, I was not informed in depth about interest. I thought I could sign up for the longest amount of time for the lowest payment. The dentist scheduled me for more work than just the emergency toothache, so I thought it was manageable. It soon became clear that as my charges went up, so did my payments. I was paying $100 a month before I stopped paying at all. I simply could not keep up. I am on SSA/SSI and Section 8 housing, and I found I was having less and less cash available for food.

In December I turned the account over to Ammend.com. The first payment from them was in January. However, I found that I was still being charged a finance charge, and a late fee. A couple of payments later, I noticed that they were crediting my payment $20 short. In only 5 months, my balance has gone up over $600 from when I turned it over to Ammend.

There has been no acknowledgement from CC/GE that Ammend is now the middleman. The finance charges and the late fees are more than the amount of the payments. My balance is now over $3600. With my limited income, and the amount of the payment, there is no way the account will ever be paid off. You would think they would accept what is being sent them.

If my counselor cannot come to terms with them, I will have no choice but to stop the payments altogether, and they will get nothing. I am 76 years old, and there is no way the balance will ever be paid off in the remaining years I have left. What do they expect to gain by charging me more than the payment? They'll have to write it off when I die, anyway. Are they stupid, or what???

Edna
Atascadero, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2008 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CareCreditGEMoney/El-Paso-Texas-79998-1127/CareCreditGEMoney-Took-advantage-of-my-age-and-financial-situation-El-Paso-Texas-334918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CareCredit/GEMoney