Complaint Review: Care.com

• Reported By: mackers78910 — Georgia United States of America
Care.com

Care.com Bad practices of Care.com, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Your concern with our policy

Please read my complaint: I actually found someone to do my housekeeping and it took them 30 days to reply to me that I can't leave a review for them!

Complaint Type: Consumer to Business Complaint ( BBB )
Nature of complaint: A failure to honor a contract or agreement
Problem description:
I was subscribed to Care.com I hired a wonderful housekeeper and I wanted to leave a review for this person, but when I went to add a review I found I could not leave one. Apparently, there is a time limit on leaving reviews. I contacted customer service and she stated in an email the policy: Unfortunately, the account that you hired this provider through has since been closed, so you will be unable to leave a review on the provider's Care.com account as reviews are posted on the provider's account through your account. Yet, the FAQ on the website states otherwise, as it does not give a time limit on leaving a review: Who can I review?- As a care seeker, you can review any care provider within the service to which you are subscribed. Please review only providers who have worked for you or with whom you've had contact! I would think that a company that "prides itself on finding caring and safe individuals" to watch our children, or just let into our homes, as I hired a housekeeper from them. That they would be interested in their Care.com caregivers receiving a review to let others know about the process, the person, the care, etc. There should not be a time limit on leaving a review.
Desired Settlement: Change the Store Policy
Desired Outcome:
Again, I would like to see a change in this review policy. I think there should not be a time limit on leaving a review for the caregivers of Care.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2011 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carecom/internet/Carecom-Bad-practices-of-Carecom-Internet-765197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Care.com

Your concern with our policy

AUTHOR: Martha@Care.com - (United States of America)

My name is Martha and I work at Care.com as the Manager of Member Care.  Id like to speak with you to help resolve this matter.  You can contact me here careteam@care.com and Ill get back to you as soon as I can.