Complaint Review: Care.com

• Reported By:Surprise Arizona
Care.com
www.care.com Internet U.S.A.

Care.com The $40 email! Internet

I was looking for a tutor for our son. After contacting the big names, I knew we had to go a less commercial route to get him help. They were just too expensive for our budget. But my problem is not with them...it is with care.com. I did a search and they (care.com) came up. I search for a tutor and found a couple I wanted to contact. When I tried, I was informed I would have to join to make contact.

OK, so I joined by choosing the "free" membership. Well, you are not allowed to contact anyone with the free membership. In fact, I never found out just what exactly the free membership entitled me to, except to provide them (care.com) with my personal information. So, the next lowest membership was a 1 month deal. $25 for 1 month! $25!! All I wanted to do was email a couple of people.

My son needs the help so I gave them the ransom. My credit card statement arrived....$40, not $25. Now it is $40! Why? What happened? I was informed by those skanks that I failed to read the fine print about the "registration fee." So, there you have it. $40 for one email. They offer day care, tutoring, dog and house sitting...so I'll put this in those categories as there is not one for tutoring.

Rob
Surprise, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2008 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carecom/internet/Carecom-The-40-email-Internet-379179. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Care.com