Complaint Review: Career Connection

• Submitted: Mon, July 20, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:boca raton Florida
Career Connection
6253 Hollywood Blvd. Internet U.S.A.

Career Connection, Recording Connection, Entertaiment Career Connection, Jimmy Petulla, Brian ? Myles??? STOLE MONEY IT TOOK 2 YEARS TO MAKE, FROM MY 21 YEAR OLD SON!!!!!!!!!!NOW THEIR ALL PLAYING PASS THE BUCK, AND POSSUM, (PLAYING DEAD) REGARDING REFUND!!!! Hollywood Internet

*Author of original report: update

Copy of certified letter I sent them, which was the hoop I was suppose to jump through regarding his refund. Which according to their contract would be returned in 8 business days...

June 29th 2009

EEC Inc
Att: Refund Request
6253 Hollywood Blvd. #302
Los Angeles, California 90028

To whom it may concern:
Please consider this my written cancellation of the (Career Connection) program. I am very disappointed. I did not get what I paid for. I put $2500.00 down on what was to be a $7500.00 program. The main reason I was sold on this program to begin with was because of the (very high profile) written, testimonial on your site. (Which I will include a copy of). It states VERY clearly that you average between 18 and 25 hours a week studio/tutoring time. Please review my Program log.
First class
Tuesday 5/18/2009 (Class time 45 minutes). I drove that long to get there!

Tuesday 5/25/2009 (Class time: One & hour)

Tuesday 6/2/2009 (Class time: One & hour)

Tuesday 6/9/2009 (Class time: 0 Hours) Teacher no showed.
Update: Phone conversation with one of their people (Miles) he told me, quote: "That's normal,music is a very relaxed environment" It's what he said! I kid you not!

Tuesday 6/16/2009 Class time: One & hour.

That was my last class. At that rate I was paying $500.00 an hour for studio time. A total of six hours over a five-week period! At that rate I would only have 36 hours over a six-month period for $7500.00 !!!!
What I paid for and expected was roughly 18 to 25 hours a week.for six months, Which would be closer to 600 hours.
I want my money back! I expect a full refund of my deposit! I've called TFC credit Cooperation; they are waiting for a cancellation number. Also, no one ever called to follow up every week, as I was led to believe
I appreciate your immediate attention. Send refund to the above address. Please let me know where to return Books.
I don't want to be called and have you try to persuade me to go down another road, concerning this program. I worked my butt off for two years!!! to afford this. And quite frankly I feel completely ripped off!

Ok, so since then Miles has passed me around for 3 weeks. His last response he has nothing to do with refunds...Doesn't really know Jimmi, or see him...and Brian rarely comes in to get his voicemails......
My mom's going to sue them...anyone esle want on board..??? let me know...

Furious
boca raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2009 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Career-Connection/internet/Career-Connection-Recording-Connection-Entertaiment-Career-Connection-Jimmy-Petulla-Br-471487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Career Connection

update

AUTHOR: Furious - (U.S.A.)

Found other reports on here
#467027