Complaint Review: Career Network, Inc Aka: Career Systems, Inc. Aka: Www.careernetwork.com

• Submitted: Fri, January 09, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2009

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Career Network, Inc Aka: Career Systems, Inc. Aka: Www.careernetwork.com
www.career-network.com Internet U.S.A.

Career Systems, Inc. Aka: Www.careernetwork.com They took my personal information and sold it to multiple telemarketers who have called my house 10 times a day! Orlando Florida Internet

*Author of original report: The contact person listed below is emailing me still trying to scam me! Beware of this person!

This just happened on January 7th, 2009 so don't believe any of the statements Career Network has been listing on here as it's all part of their scam to keep suckering innocent people!

They had very legitimate-looking job postings on hotjobs.com and yahoojobs.com and I applied for a job which took me to their website.

After I applied for the job, I received a few emails from them asking me to log in and update and verify my information including references and education. They said they were in the preliminary stages of my application.

I clicked on the link with my user name and password and added personal and professional references to my application.

That very afternoon, my former employer and all 4 of my references I listed on their form called or emailed me saying that they received an email with a link to 'rate' me as a candiate that seemed suspicious.

My former boss was floored by all of the spelling errors on the form. She immediately called me thinking it was a scam.

I told her that it was a legitimate site as far as I could tell and to go ahead and fill out the form if she didn't mind. What a sucker I was!!! I just really wanted to believe that job could be mine & didn't want to do anything to hold up my application!

That evening, the phone calls started: Multiple calls from telemarketers wanting me to 'furthur my education' or give them more information about my application for employment (verify info) with broken English and a total lack of professionalism.

I realized I had been totally SCAMMED and the worst thing is that they have all of my personal information and references AND contacted my bosses, co-workers and friends via email.

I am afraid to trust any of the job sites now and I am very concerned about all of my personal information being sold and I am sick that I exploited all of my friends and employers by having them 'rate' me.

Upset in North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2009 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Career-Network-Inc-Aka-Career-Systems-Inc-Aka-Wwwcareernetworkcom/internet/Career-Systems-Inc-Aka-Wwwcareernetworkcom-They-took-my-personal-information-and-sold-409997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Career Network, Inc Aka: Career Systems, Inc. Aka: Www.careernetwork.com

AUTHOR: Upset in north carolina - (U.S.A.)

Samantha Murray,