Complaint Review: Career Network, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, October 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 29, 2008

• Reported By:Schenectady New York
Career Network, Inc.
P.O. Box 618305 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Career Network, Inc. These folks appear bogus!!! Orlando Florida

I applied for a job listed as confidential through our local newspaper, the newspaper has affiliated itself with Yahoo Hot Jobs! Hot Jobs sends you to the greatest custom careers web site.

I was contacted by this company under the following names:
Career Market Search - and careers@greatestcustomcareers.com .
An earlier report in July about this company piqued my interest. I did not have trouble getting logged into the site.

However, my complaint about the site is when I returned to their site as requested to continue the application process I was made to fill out a request for references. I was not allowed to choose to supply how my references were to be contacted, I had no choice but to supply both an e-mail address and a contact phone number. References often supply only a phone number for contact, as they do not wish to wind up "spammed" by e-mail. Or in my case the reference works an evening/overnight shift and only wishes contact by e-mail.

I managed to locate an e-mail address on their web site for contact information to inform them that I had a problem with their request, and when I sent the e-mail I got a return e-mail that their contact address was invalid!

Screams of rip-off to me!!! I only hope my references are not "spammed" or telemarketed by these scandolous fakers! I will never apply to a blind "confidential" company again!

Sparlycat
Schenectady, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2008 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Career-Network-Inc/Orlando-Florida-32861-8305/Career-Network-Inc-These-folks-appear-bogus-Orlando-Florida-1033096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Career Network, Inc.