Complaint Review: Career-Networks.com

www.career-network.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 202-403-0828
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Career-Networks.com, Pauline,Phone Caller ID;Voxbone SA Something Strange Going On Here Washington, DC (from Reverse Phone Search) Internet

This company cme to me through Craigslist/Sarasota FL, as they had my address of a month ago, and I have moved since. I stopped using Craigslist because of all the scams and dead ends for job searchs. This ad was for a file clerk.

I get an automated call, ID came up as Voxbone SA(South America?). Messenger had a very heavy English accent, and the call cycled through several times saying it was Career-Works.com about a recent job application, and to hold on the line until an application verifier came on the phone. Also to make sure I was at a turned on computer as the process could take 45 minutes.

She said her name was Pauline. The very first question was what was my phone# so she could pull up my application, and she had my old address, so studiply I gave her my new address. The 2nd question was; Was I considering furthering my education to improve my chances of employment? I thought that was odd, and said 'Not at this time, I just need to find employment first." I had to ask several times what position this was for. (as in truth I send out hundreds of resumes, and don't remember them all). she also verified my email address. She would not give the company name, but said it was for a file clerk.

Pauline also asked me if I was seated at a turned on computer. The only other question she asked was if I was working now and still interested in the position. I said I had some part time work, but yes I was interested. the only other thing she said was she had verified me, would submit the application to the client and the only other contact I would get would be directly from the employer. No computer stuff, nada...Guess I didn't meet their criteria for a scam, but then it has taken them a month to get back to me, so perhaps they still might contact me.

I remember filing out the app on their website, and there was just a multitude of ads for furthering education to wade through, all of which I said no to. I also thought this strange to ask this info before I had even submitted my application.

When I got off the phone, I reverse searched the number and it was through Voxbone SA out of Washington DC. Voxbone is a virtual phone system where someone anywhere in the US.

Kathleen
sarasota, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2009 10:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Career-Networkscom/internet/Career-Networkscom-PaulinePhone-Caller-IDVoxbone-SA-Something-Strange-Going-On-Here-Wa-452469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Career-Networks.com