Complaint Review: Careernetwork.com

• Submitted: Tue, February 09, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 09, 2010

• Reported By: sickofscams925 — Iowa Falls, IA Iowa United States of America
Career Network, Inc., P.O. Box 618305 Orlando, Florida United States of America

Careernetwork.com jobnabnow.com Just thought it was a little weird being contacted about a supposed job from a company that I didnt apply to. Orlando, Florida

I agree this is a scam for your information. Thank god i didnt completely fill out and send the info on their website. I applied first for an inventory clerk position on Yahoo Hot Jobs. The next day i received an email about the position needing more info with a link to go and provide it. I clicked the link and was taken to http://jobnab.com/. Looked official enough but asked for too much info and wanted to know if i was interested in furthering my education. This was my first tip off. A reply from an actual employer would not contain this type of question. So i promptly backed out.
Today I got another offer for a job that i didnt apply for with a link that took me to
http://career-network.com/JobOffer/Register.cfm?JobPositionID=191909&PendingID=1725555. Official looking site but questionaire was almost identical to the one from the day before. So I decided to do a little research and came up with alot of reports that Ive been reading here too. Took another look at the emails and something caught my eye immediately at the bottom of each emails was a street address. They are (this took me to jobnabnow.com P.O. Box 618305, Orlando, FL 32861-8305), and (this took me to careernetwork.com  P.O. Box 618305, Orlando, FL 32861-8305). Hmmm I dont know of a legitimate company that as everyone else has said has no contact phone or email listed but just a link that is not written as an email address, and second 2 different jobs in 2 days the second was for a job i never applied to and from a place id never heard of.
I will not respond to either. I have been scammed by supposed job offers, and by colleges that wont stop calling and when u answer there is noone on the phone. Here are the 2 emails addresses they came from"W. Gonzalez" <postmaster@career-network.com>. Anyway was very fishy to me and have never received a reply from a legit job that didnt state the actual company name and only a job title.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2010 12:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Careernetworkcom/Orlando-Florida-32861-8305/Careernetworkcom-jobnabnowcom-Just-thought-it-was-a-little-weird-being-contacted-about-a-566543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Careernetwork.com