This is my 2nd year with Caremore. It has been nothing but a nightmare trying to get basic healthcare needs met, let alone a more serious problem.
Warning to those considering Caremore:
1) Selection of doctors is extremely limited. Most obtained their degrees outside of the U.S. Some are on probation. All have terrible reviews on-line. One doctor with "better" reviews I tried contacting no longer accepts Caremore. The 3 doctors I've used are awful. I have to always drive to their offices, because none of them return phone calls or follow-up on anything! One dropped Caremore after my first visit, so I had to find someone else. I believe Caremore pays doctors so little you only get bottom of the barrel doctors. Most don't even use computers in their offices.
2) Caremore often gives you one option for specialists or medication. If the doctor is incompetent, your on your own with exorbitant costs. (for example, $600+/3 mos. for cholesterol medication because the one on their formulary doesn't work.) Often you must use their "Caremore Center".
3) Totally inadequate mental health care. One therapist to choose from at their center who is not equipped to deal with the host of specific illnesses. Limited and very expensive other options if you choose to go outside their Center.
4) Constantly calling about little parties they have at their centers or to see if your getting your healthcare needs met. Then there is absolutely no follow-up. It really is all lip-service. They are well known throughout the healthcare system as "Careless".
5) Hassle, hassle, hassle. Literally, EVERYTHING always requires several phone calls.
6) They advertise that you'll have a gym to go to. This means their pathetic Caremore Center gym which can be far away. Your only allowed to go 2, maybe 3 times a week and by appointment only. The equipment does not meet the needs of the general population.
I which I could switch now and pray I don't get really sick this year with this insurance. Everything is half - *ssed.
It was the cheapest medicare advantage plan, but I am dismayed that they are even allowed to participate in Medicare. They have been making a fortune on me because I can't even get simple cholesterol medication. (Doctor prescribed last November and here is is end of April and I still can't get anywhere. This after 2 calls from Caremore checking to see if "I'm happy"!) I cannot stress enough that part of the problem is the Doctors, but why is Caremore contracting with such poor doctors? If you want to see a Doctor Kermit Gosnell, sign up with Caremore.