- Report: #933867
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Cares - Hanger Orthopedic Group
Cares - Hanger Orthopedic GroupInternet United States of America
Cares - Hanger Orthopedic Group Scam - In collusion with hospitals to provide unnecessary medical equipment that insurance will not pay for Internet
I believe that Cares has partnered with hospitals and care providers to supply unnecessary medical equipment and is profiting from this practice. In addition, Cares is sloppy in their accounting and customer service and will immediately send you to collections rather than fix their own incompetent mistakes.
A couple of weeks ago I get a call from a lady at this company called Cares asking if I had any intention of paying my bill of $200.00. I had no idea what she was even talking about because I had never received a bill from Cares. She said she could take a payment over the phone, my first thought was that this was a scam, someone trying to get my credit card information. When I inquired further she said if was for crutches.
Here is a rundown of that conversation:
1. I told her I had insurance
2. I asked her to repeat my home address, when she did it was totally incorrect
3. I asked her to repeat my name, it to was incorrect.
4. I asked her to correct the information and send me the bill at which time I would get my my insurance.
5. She indicated she had corrected the information and sent out an invoice.
I never received an invoice from these people and now they've sent me to collections and I'm receieving calls every day. I will not even consider paying any bill until these scammers get their act together and send me a bill.
I am sick and tired of these companies threatening consumers credit when they are just as bad if not worse than the consumer. Thank god this web site exists so people can shed light of non-sense like this.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 02:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cares-Hanger-Orthopedic-Group/internet/Cares-Hanger-Orthopedic-Group-Scam-In-collusion-with-hospitals-to-provide-unnecessary-933867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.