Complaint Review: Carfax

• Updated: Wed, October 20, 2004

• Reported By:Oxford Alabama
Carfax.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Carfax ripoff Inaccurate vehicle history reports Internet

I paid the $24.95 for unlimited vehicle history reports on Carfax.com because I need a new car. Just for kicks I entered my current car that I am trying to trade in or sell to see what they had on it. I found a few inaccuracies.

First, I am the second owner of my car but it only documented the first owner.

Second, they found a potential odometer rollback after the car was in my name. I never did that, would not do that and don't know how to even if I wanted to. If it was done it was without my knowledge or consent.

Third and most importantly, my car has been in 2 minor accidents since I have owned it. One accident affected the radiator and A/C unit very much so. Carfax did not pick up either of them. The detailed vehicle history consists of each time the title or registration was renewed. The odometer readings are subject to human error and I think that is what could have happened.

So watch out if you are considering buying a used vehicle like I am.

Columbus, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2004 06:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Carfax/nationwide/Carfax-ripoff-Inaccurate-vehicle-history-reports-Internet-113906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Carfax