Susan

• Submitted: Thu, November 29, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: Dhawalkumar — CHESTERFIELD Missouri United States of America
Caribbean Cruise Line
2419 E Commercial Blvd Ste 100 Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

Caribbean Cruise Line I received a probably scam letter in my mailbox in 2011. The letter was I've won a free Caribbean Cruise Line for 2 adults. They even gave me a check for $1300.00 and says that I need to call within t Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Question

I received a probably scam letter in my mailbox in 2011. The letter was I've won a free Caribbean Cruise Line for 2 adults. They even gave me a check for $1300.00 and says that I need to call within the next 72 hours to claim it. I called Carribean Cruiselines number mentioned in the letter and they said they wont charge any money. But during this free reservation, they did not mention that I have to pay extra money of 800USD if I dont travel. After few months, a call came in from them and said since I did not travel in paste 6 months, you need to pay USD 800. and I had to pay them since they threatened me to go to collections.

They took unauthorized payment from me of 800USD. They even took 80USD per person in addition to 800USD as a custom fees to bahamas.

All these was a scam by them and I did not realize until later. I am launching this complaint to reclaim my lost money.

Please help to reclaim this money and unauthorized transaction. Till now I did not travel in their cruise lines but still they have seized my money and havent returned back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Caribbean-Cruise-Line/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33308/Caribbean-Cruise-Line-I-received-a-probably-scam-letter-in-my-mailbox-in-2011-The-letter-975562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Caribbean Cruise Line

Question

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Did you sign up for this cruise with them?  You didn't mention that. Did you sign an agreement that charges you if you don't take a cruise with them within a certain time frame?

If not, how did they take your money, you must have given them your credit card number?

There must be more to this story.